Summer Kick-Off Run Acknowledgments
The Summer Kick-Off Fun Run would like to acknowledge the assistance of the individuals
and organizations listed below. Volunteers are the lifeblood of the Summer Kick-Off Fun
Run. Because of the continual assistance provided, this list will probably never be
- Mr. Scott Bockart, Principal, Clear Creek High School, provides the school
facilities used during the run.
- Jamey Majewski, Asst. Principal, Clear Creek High School,
provides most of the legwork for using the High School facilities.
- Aubrey Schulz, former Clear Creek High School Head Football Coach,
has provided moral and physical support since the run started.
- Darrell Warden, Clear Creek High School Head Football Coach, provides strong
volunteers and coordinates the use of the school facilities.
- Jonathan Skaines not only designed the original Summer Kick-Off Fun Run logo, he
has designed the T-shirt graphics for each year's run. Each design is unique.
- Walt Pinkston, former voice (announcer) of the Summer Kick-Off Fun Run,
now ace photographer.
- John Erickson, official photographer for the Summer Kick-Off Fun Run.
- Juan Manuel, adds some class to the event with his music.
- Geri Rochford, the best volunteer coordinator ever.
- Sam Juliano, actually pretty worthless, but he is a sponsor, so we try to stay on
his good side. Before he relocated to Austin, he laid out most of the printed material,
including the entry form.
- Bill Dwyer. If Sam is worthless, this guy is worse.
However, he has been very reliable about buying and bringing the
cinnamon rolls to the run. We don't question how many rolls get "lost"
on the way to the run.
- Leonard Topolski has provided indispensable help from the very inception of the
- Brenda Sanzone has provided moral and physical support to help make the run a
- Debbie Sharp has very ably taken over the finish line
- Bay Area Running Club supports the run through participation and volunteers.
- Clear Creek High School Cavaliers (Director Traci Carpenter) dispense
- League City Police Department (Chief Michael Jez, Lt. Gary
Flowers) provides course protection.
- League City EMS provides emergency medical services.
- Clear Lake Amateur Radio Club provides radio
coverage to coordinate activities at remote locations of the run.
- Stephen Glenn, Race Director, is responsible for coordinating the efforts of the
many fine people who make this a successful run by exploiting their good intentions or by
resorting to unabashed coercion.
- Mariglyn Glenn, Co-Race Director (co means does all the work)
- Cesar Duran, Course Supervisor
- Jim Pawlowski, Site Coordinator
- Leonard Topolski, Race Results
- Linda Coney, Refreshments
- Ray Skaines, Equipment